Saturday, September 30, 2006

 


Cole & Alison have to be about the neatest young couple around. They were childhood sweethearts, went to college together (Go Mississippi State!), became engineers together, and found great jobs together. Our church is lucky to have them around – just because of them of course, but also for the examples they are to everyone. Not every group has a first class, mature, responsible, and talented couple like that around…

We’re fortunate to have a really good (and active) young adult group at church. It used to be my responsibility to try to plan a young adult party every month, and although we had some great times, it drove me nuts trying to find something each month that (a) everyone would want to do, and (b) everyone could attend. But eventually, I had a great idea (caution: self-congratulations alert!): I asked twelve different young adult families to pick a month of the year and be in charge of planning something that month. We’re about six or seven months into it, and it has worked great so far!

September was Cole & Alison’s month to plan a party, and today was the day they arranged for us to go bowling (by the way, in case their parents stumble across this blog, those aren’t their cigarettes in the picture!). We had thirteen adults bowling, along with five kids with the bumper lanes, and several cheerleaders on the sidelines. It was a lot of fun, and a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

I bowled 105, 141, and 115 thank you very much (I know I suck, you don’t have to tell me). Matt rolled the game of the day with a 197, though crowd favorite, Tandy (former professional bowler, and now an honorary young adult in his 60s), drew the most cheers. Herman, without a doubt, bowled with the greatest power, and Tom won every game rolled on our lane. My wife bowled her first strike ever, and my daughter rolled an 87 (of which she is VERY proud).

The weather is great, the Cardinals won, and I had a fun afternoon bowling with some great friends from church. What a great day…

Comments:
Al, please...next time you take a picture, move your Marlboros out of the way. How many times do I have to tell you this?
 
I know, I know, I know...

I moved the beer - why can't I remember the cigarettes???
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist