Sunday, September 03, 2006

 

I know I don't really need a blog, but I created one anyway.

I have every intention of keeping this updated with the happenings in my life, but we'll see. I have this odd reputation on one hand of starting things and tenaciously sticking with them, while on the other going through hobbies like a bag of M&M's. I have NO intention of this being an intellectual exercise, however. I'm currently tired of just "thinking!" But I do hope it is interesting; if not, I guess that will be a reflection on my life!

I picked the title of a John Cougar Mellencamp song as the title to my personal blog. I'm not a big music fan, but for some reason, this song has always meant something to me (you can read the chorus above). All of these "days" I've been given do seem to be turning into minutes, and those minutes are quickly turning into memories... And as my well-intentioned plans blow here and there, I've always found encouragement in just trying to tough it out and do my best.

So I thought this blog would be a good way to record these memories for myself and anyone else interested in sharing them with me along the way.

I'd love for you to make comments. I have lots of friends from all sorts of places, and staying in touch in whatever way possible would be a very good thing for me.

Comments:
I wanted to be the first to say HOWDY and I look forward to reading daily!
 
Hey Al!

I'll be a frequent visitor to your blog.

Soren
 
Good to hear from all you guys!

I should have guessed Blogmaster Dobbs would be my first commenter! Good to know my daughter is still talking to me after moving out of the house for the real world! Great to hear Jonellen pulled herself away from the beach long enough to say "hi"! Glad to know Kim doesn't hate me for messing up my yahoo email group once more! And good to hear from old Soren, whose Fighting Irish survived a close opening game!

Keep checking back everyone. I really do plan to reflect every night on my day, and I hope to start using my camera once again!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist