Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

I was "fed at the Shed" for lunch today. "The Shed" is quickly becoming a local legend on the Gulf Coast. When my wife and I moved to South Mississippi, we were amazed by the wonderful seafood, but we complained a bit on the side at the lack of good barbecue places. "The Shed" was our first saving grace (though since then we've found a few other places we really like, too).

I ate lunch there at the request of Veto, a reporter from The Mississippi Press, who wanted to interview me for an article he's putting together on the use of the Internet in ministry. Who would've thunk that what you're reading now is newsworthy?!?! We had a great discussion about the topic, along with religion in general. We also had some great barbecue (a pork sandwich, tater salad, and baked beans for me!).

When Veto called, since we've never met, he thought he'd better tell me how to spot him. "I look Amish," he said. I replied with, "Well, I'm tall, skinny, and balding." We had absolutely no trouble picking each other out of the crowd. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight I had the pleasure of attending a surprise 30th birthday party for my friend, Herman. We've become really good friends (I caught myself after Hurricane Katrina introducing him to folks that descended on our church as my "best" friend, a term I haven't used like that in a long time). I've had the pleasure of baptizing Herman, officiating his wedding, and most importantly, going to the Final Four in the Superdome with him (just kidding about the "most importantly" part!!!). So it was great to be able to be a part of his surprise party tonight. Lots of our friends from church were there, and Samantha (Herman's wife) did a great job putting together a wonderful party and slideshow of Herman's life!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've blogged every day since I began "Minutes to Memories," but tomorrow is iffy. Fourteen men from church are headed to Houston tomorrow to watch the Cardinals play the Astros at Minute Maid Park. I'm not sure if my hotel room will have a wireless connection, and even if it does, I haven't decided for sure if I'm going to bother with bringing my laptop. We'll see.

But if I don't post tomorrow night, I'm sure I'll be back at it on Saturday.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist