Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 
I’m about to explode from the beehive that was “today,” but it was a great day for people.

* I got to play Santa Claus and deliver hurricane relief checks to both Kim and Gayle today and watch them cry tears of joy.
* I got to hang out with Charlie a little while and talk about the work he’s doing to get a family back in their home. Charlie’s mudding and painting skills are invaluable right now.
* I got to show Laura and Heath my sports wall in between their job hunting today and show off my Dallas Cowboys collection in particular.
* I got to visit with Mrs. Bea today about her grandson’s scary health situation. Brandon is a special guy, and we are awaiting an important visit to M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston.
* I got to spend an hour with David today concerning the death of his mother. In the middle of such a tragic occurrence, and in the middle of all the decisions that have been thrust on him, he still finds ways to make me smile and encourage me.
* I got to spend an hour with Keith and Marcie, my co-committee members for our new SPIN ministry (for Single Parents in Need), planning the program for our first Single Parent Conference. Both Keith and Marcie are brilliant and wonderful, and we got an awful lot done in a short amount of time.
* I got to take Hillary to her first ever Trampoline Class (see the picture of the new in-ground trampoline!). She did great and had a blast, too!
* I got to teach class to a bunch of great people tonight on the Parable of the Tower. Even though I was running non-stop right up until class time, I thought it went over well.
* I got to talk to my elder, Dave, after class last night. He is an amazing man, and I’m lucky to be under his care.
* I got a call from Quadrick, a fellow preacher in town, after class tonight. It seems that a couple who had a stillborn child needs a minister to say some words at a funeral tomorrow. I don’t have much time at all it seems, but there is no one else, so I will do it.
* I got a hundred emails or so, but tonight I heard from my friend, John, in north Mississippi. That made my day all by itself.
* And somewhere in between all this, I actually prepared my sermon for this coming Sunday regarding “lust and relationships.” Contrary to popular rumor, I will not be using object lessons. :-)

A pretty busy day on five hours of sleep, if I do say so myself.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist