Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 
Hillary beside her favorite car at last week's "Cruisin' the Coast," a '62 Chevy Impala

Snippets from today…

* Our public schools are out on Fall Break through tomorrow, so I’m getting to spend some extra quality time with Hillary this week. Sharing lunches at the church building have been special times, along with hearing her sweet voice throughout the day.

* We had a BIG crowd for our Ladies Class this morning, and I thought it went very well. Teaching that class has turned out to be a very positive time for me. As we worked our way through the second part of Romans 12, the phrase “joyful in hope” grabbed me. I thought out loud that we often use the word “hope” in the most pessimistic ways – like, “Well, I hope you won’t do that again” or “I just hope she doesn’t come to the party.” Funny, but Paul has to remind us that “hope” is an optimistic word!

* I spent some time on our new “Caring For Children” Ministry today (an outreach project of our auditorium class at church). We’re going to make sure every child (and his/her family) that comes through our local hospital gets a little care package with a note offering to pray for them specifically, along with our willingness to run errands or whatever for the family if needed. It isn’t easy getting something new off the ground, but we’re getting closer, and that makes me excited. I’m much harder to motivate once something becomes routine…

* Our next “homeowners” meeting for our subdivision is tonight. It ought to prove interesting. I’m not sure what to expect, but I’ve decided that (unlike many other things in my life) this is something I’m going to try to stick with and be involved. Remind me of this when I tell you that I’m quitting!

* The American League Championship Series begins tonight. I don’t really care one way or the other, so I’m not even sure I’ll watch it. The NLCS that begins tomorrow night will be a different story…

* Add a slight headache to all this. I get a headache every once in a while that lasts for several days, sometimes weeks. People ask if they are migraines: my standard response is that I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they are sinus-related and have something to do with the weather, but I'm not sure. When they're really bad, I run to Wal-Mart's drug aisles. When they're not, I just try to tough them out (I really hate taking medicine). This one is of the latter. I think Hillary has the same problem as me, even today. Too bad our kids get LOTS of things from us...

Hope you have had a great Tuesday so far!


Comments:
Glad to see that the card reader worked for you. I use one all the time.
 
Yeah, that's a handy little piece of machinery! I got one for home and another for the office.

Go Cards tonight!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist