Sunday, October 15, 2006

 
(Hillary, with friends, Amanda and Rebekah tonight)

Tonight was our night to host our teens from church for a devotional. Jody made some awesome meat nachos along with some tasty Halloween brownies and cookies. I pulled out a "crokinole" game from under the bed, and Joey & I took down Trent & Matt in a heated game. If you've never played crokinole, you're missing out on a lot of fun!

Eventually, I took the small group into my office for a little devotional message. I showed them the Team Hoyt video (along with reading the Rick Reilly article about the inspirational father-son duo) since the teens didn't get to see it during my Peak of the Week class a few weeks ago. I tied the message to Paul's statement in Philippians: "I can do everything through Christ who gives me the strength." I pointed out that Christians shouldn't use that awful word CAN'T to mean that something is too hard or too difficult, but we use it way too much.

It's been a good night, other than the fact that the Cardinals are losing right now. But after my own little devotional, I'm not going to say that they CAN'T come back and win tonight.

But it sure doesn't look so good right now...


Comments:
Al, I cant say that I have ever played crokinole. I have played carrom and I think that is similar.

I have seen the Team Hoyt video and I cry every time. It is so inspirational. When I think I have got it bad sometimes all I have to do is watch that and it changes my tune.

Back to powepoint. Some resources I use are Sermon Spice and Worship House Media. They have some neet videos and still backgrounds. Another resource you might use is a couple of stock photography websites istockphotos and Big Stock Photo I have pictures for sale on Big Stock Photo.

Glad that Hillary is enjoying volleyball and that she is getting to see it played on that level. It is so nice that they took an interest in her like they did. There is a girl from Westside that plays for ASU as a freshman. We have taken pictures of her in action for her mom and dad.

Well the Cards just couldn't do it last night. I hate that we will have to go back to NY in order to win the series, but I think they can do it.

Cant wait for next Monday. I got the email you sent me about the reservations. I should be able to find the hotel no problem.
 
Thanks, Dave!

We noticed the girl from Westside. She played well. I talked to Jo Beth Mathis after the game - do you remember watching her play against our girls back when we were in high school? I guess we all realize we're getting older. I started figuring out that the girl from Westside that now plays for ASU wasn't old enough to be in kindergarten the year I coached volleyball. Sheesh, that makes me feel old...

:-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist