Saturday, October 21, 2006

 

(I took this picture of Anthony Reyes in Minute Maid Park a few weeks ago. Little did any of us know then that he would be starting Game 1 of the World Series!)

Today is a beautiful day in Ocean Springs. I had the chance to sleep in this morning, and then I went out in the cool weather and mowed my front yard, hopefully for the last time this mowing season.

Right now I’m watching the Razorbacks play Ole Miss. I heard that my friends, Jamey & Janey, are at the game, and they are seeing a great game so far. Felix Jones opened up the game with a 100-yard kickoff-return for a touchdown, and the tone for the first half was officially set. The Hogs are winning 21-3 at halftime, and hopefully they’ll keep it up in the second.

I sent out a general email to my buddies just a couple of days ago in case anyone was interested in coming over to watch the first game of the World Series tonight. I sent out the email before the Cardinals won Game 7, expecting I’d be watching either way. With the Redbirds winning, however, I’ll be all excited tonight. I think my friend, Herman, is coming over, but I haven’t heard from anyone else yet. I told everyone that I wasn’t cooking or cleaning house – the best I could promise was some chips and salsa and a television! And a mowed front yard…

On paper, there is no way the Cardinals should beat the Tigers in the World Series. I’m really glad this year that they don’t play the games on paper.

Comments:
Al:
I didn't get to see the game. I was at Poplarville watching my son's soccer team - (he's the coach) - play in the state tournament.
But, I like the results. Go, Cards!
And, you will have to stand in for me Monday night with the Cowboys. My rooting will from in front of the TV.
 
I'll do it Bruno!

I'm trying to get a few things done this afternoon before leaving town. I doubt I'll get to bed early tonight, since I'll be watching Game 2 of the World Series!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist