Sunday, October 01, 2006

 


In spite of Marques Colston's late-game touchdown, the Saints perfect season came to an end today at the hand of the Carolina Panthers. Once again, however, they played with heart, and old Saint fans and new Saint fans alike can't be too depressed at the loss.

Although I'm a new Saints fan, I'm not very depressed at all (and not just because Colston is on one of my fantasy football teams!). Today has been too nice to be depressed. The weather continues to be gorgeous, my oldest daughter came home from college to see us (and do laundry!), our time together as a church family this morning was good, and I've been lazy all afternoon, laying on the couch and watching football. Not a depressing day at all.

Add to the mix a big victory for my Dallas Cowboys and the fact that my baseball Cardinals made it to the playoffs again this year (though how they got in is pretty sad), and I can't be too upset on a wonderful first day of October like this...

My favorite moment of the day came a few minutes ago while being lazy on the couch. When Erica (my oldest) left to go back to college, she yelled through the bathroom door to tell her little sister (Hillary) that she was leaving. In just a minute, after Erica had gone outside to leave, Hillary came running out of the bathroom to catch her sister and give her a hug good-bye.

I guess they do love each other after all. And that made me smile... :-)


Comments:
Didn't know you were a Cowboy fan, too. I guess there were some importnat things we didn't talk about on Friday. Been following the Cowboys since Landry days.
 
How 'bout them Cowboys and Cardinals. Can't wait to see the Cowboys with you in a couple of weeks.

It was kinda sad to see the Cards make the playoffs by default. Maybe they have all of their losing behind them, and a World Series title is in the "cards".
 
Bruno: Roger Staubach was my first sports hero! You'll have to come to my office and see my sports wall - a couple of Staubach things there...

Big Dave: Turned out to be a good day for us both ways, in spite of the Cardinal loss. Glad to see the Cowboys put it all together on the same day - I hope for a repeat performance when we're there! And those Cardinals just might turn it around - they might feel a tremendous relief from not having blown it in the regular season. They just might relax and start winning again?!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist