Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 
(A plane flies over the Texas and DFW flags at Founders Plaza this morning a few hours before my plane departed for home.)

I had an absolute great time yesterday and today, and I have my wife to thank for the trip. I flew out of Gulfport yesterday morning, landing in Dallas around 12:30pm. My friend, David (the best man at my wedding!), picked me up at the airport without any problems. We went to eat at Chipotle’s, where I enjoyed an awesome burrito and lemonade lunch. Afterwards, we went to see my sister, Jacki, and had a delightful time visiting with her. Jacki is one of my life heroes, a neat thing to be able to say about your sister. From there, we fought the Dallas traffic to attend last night’s Monday Night Football game at Texas Stadium. And, as I said late last night (actually, early this morning), in spite of the horrible performance by the Dallas Cowboys, I had an unforgettable experience.

(Check out my Webshots page link for a bunch of pictures from last night.)

David and I stayed up until 3am talking and looking at our pictures (I enjoy taking pictures: David, in addition to being a dentist, is a photographer.) Staying up until 3am wasn’t so bad considering we slept in until about 10am.

After checking out of the hotel late this morning, we made a stop at Founder’s Plaza at DFW to watch some planes take off and try our hand at a few more pictures. David likes planes in particular, so he especially enjoyed the opportunity afforded by this unique tourist spot.

When I made it to the airport, I had to go through the specially tight security system in this post-911 world. You will all sleep better tonight: the security folks impounded my toothpaste.

I’m being serious.

Now most folks would say that the world is a safer place when I “have” toothpaste, but for whatever reasons, my Aquafresh was “too big” (I was told), so they threw it away for me.

I got to thinking later: you could actually lob hand grenades at planes from Founder’s Plaza. But I can’t take toothpaste on a plane in a carry-on bag.

I’ll sleep well tonight, knowing how safe we all are…

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist