Sunday, October 08, 2006

 
(Scott Rolen and Albert Pujols hold down the corners in Houston recently.)


Not feeling real bloggy today. May be a let-down after such a big day yesterday.

On the home front, my wife and youngest daughter spent the afternoon decorating the front of our house for Halloween. Hillary has always wanted to decorate our house for holidays, and Jody took her shopping yesterday for fun, spooky stuff. It looks really, really good.

On the pain in the rear front, I can't show you pictures I took of the decorations because my digital camera is suddenly acting funky. I think its the USB cord from the camera to the computer that is the problem, but how do you check things like that? It doesn't do me a lot of good to have a digital camera if you can't transfer them to your computer! Sigh...

On the church front, today was fine, but sort of felt weird to me. We had lots of folks out of town today, so maybe that was it. I thought my sermon was fine, and my class was so-so. Our little evening devotional kind of had a weird feel to it. Don't know exactly why.

On the sports front, the much-anticipated Cowboys/Eagles game in Philly went well for Eagles fans, but not for me. I'm afraid I can't ask for much from the football world after yesterday, so I'll just take this one on the chin. And to redeem my sports world, I'm currently watching the Cardinals battle the Padres in Game 4. The Redbirds are winning late in the game, so if we don't blow it, it looks like we'll be traveling to New York to battle the Mets. I'm a homer, but I think we have a legitimate chance with them (in a 7-game series with their injured pitching staff).

I'm going to watch the rest of the game, then get to sleep, then face the coming week...

Comments:
Big Al just buy a memory card reader from walmart, best buy, circuit city or somewhere else, then you don't have to connect the camera to the computer. You just take the memory card out of the camera and insert it in the card reader and then you access the pictures through the card reader. I have a card reader for every computer, that way I do not have to carry the cable from the camera with me everywhere I go.
 
Al:
Seems we endured the same AGONY (i.e. Cowboys) and ECSTACY (Cards). Ah, well - as some relly deep-thinking Sage once said, "Ya' can't win 'em all!"
 
Thanks, Big Dave!

And Bruno, after the Arkansas/Auburn game, I can't complain to the football gods for at least another week.
:-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist