Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 
Byron Smith (aka Chachi) smiles for the camera while his lovely wife, Jessica, looks on. "Chachi" came to our Peak of the Week Class tonight to deliver a presentation on the Gulf Coast Bible Camp, and he did an excellent job. It is always neat to hear someone speak about something for which they have a passion.

It made me remember that night long ago when I was nine years old, and I sat watching an electrical storm in the distance during the cliff devotional at the Crowley's Ridge Youth Camp. I think we were singing, "Have You Seen Jesus My Lord?", and even though I'm not much into warm fuzzy feelings, there was something about that moment that made me decide that I would be following God with my life. And, give or take moments here and there along the way, that is what I have tried to do ever since.

Comments:
Al,

Stumbled onto your blog trying to look up Chachi. He was a friend of mine at Faulkner University over 10 years ago, and I was just trying to see how he is doing. Do you know how I can get in touch with him?

Thanks, and God bless.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist