Thursday, November 23, 2006

 
I have much to be thankful for, but today I was particularly thankful for a certain house.

Tandy & Peggy have acted the part of parents to my wife and I (along with many others) since our folks live 500 miles away. On many an occasion, we've had the pleasure of sharing special times in their home. Which was one of the many reasons Katrina was so tragic.

When I wrote my Katrina journal, I wrote of Tandy and Peggy, specifically dreaming of a time when we would enjoy a special day in their home again.

That day I dreamed about was today.

We've shared Thanksgiving with the Shaws before, and on every occasion, Peggy has worked hard to get extra people there who would appreciate having somewhere to be for that special day. This year she went even further, issuing a special invitation insert in our church bulletin.

Eighteen people shared a wonderful dinner, fun conversation, and a little football today.

I, for one, enjoyed seeing a resurrected house, too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist