Monday, November 13, 2006

 
It's on nights like tonight that I'm reminded of how good my job really is. All the folks pictured above (not forgetting Steve, who was chasing his kids around and not in the picture) are talented and energetic and just all-around good people who have hearts for others.

Tonight was a big planning meeting for our brand new S.P.I.N. Ministry (serving Single Parents In Need). We have a HUGE kickoff event planned for Saturday, December 2nd, so we have a lot to straighten out very soon. I feel like we accomplished a lot tonight, even though several more of our talented/energetic/all-around good people with big hearts couldn't attend.

Since we've pinpointed "single-parent families" as the ministry focus of our young adult group, I've really noticed how big a task we're taking on. Pam Willingham, the Single Parent Family Minister at the Richland Hills Church of Christ (Fort Worth, Texas) recommended a book to me, which I bought and read. In it, today's single-parent families are referred to as our modern-day widows and orphans.... That's worth thinking about, especially in light of what James says about pure religion...

So I'm in a very good mood tonight. Getting together with great people for a great cause...

Not a bad way to spend a Monday night.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist