Monday, November 06, 2006

 
Since I’ve no real intention in this blog becoming an exercise in deception, I’ll confess that I’ve been in a real sour mood for the past twenty-four hours or so. I really was having a wonderful day yesterday up through the Peter Anderson Festival, but later that evening, everything just started to head south. Nothing to talk about really, at least not on a blog.

Today was fine, really. But my mood has pervaded the day in spite of the fact that all has been well on a Monday.

A really big storm came through our area this evening, complete with tornado warnings and everything. Seemed like a mini-hurricane with the intensity of the winds and rain. My wife and I got on the phones and tried to catch all the young adults before any brave soul headed to the church’s building for a planning meeting of our S.P.I.N. ministry (serving Single Parents In Need). I hope we got everyone in time.

It worked out well on a couple of fronts. My youngest daughter got to do some reading for school that she really needed to do, and I enjoyed the chance to hang out with my wife for an evening. To risk sounding like a preacher, we actually looked through a seminary lecture on the “emerging church” movement. We never do this sort of thing. But we did tonight, and I enjoyed it very much.

I’m in a bit of a better mood, so maybe that will continue its trend tomorrow.

Maybe a little Monday Night Football will help…

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist