Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 
This is a semi-fuzzy picture of my garage door taken about thirty minutes ago. To the naked eye, this looks like a perfectly fine garage door. This, of course, is why eyes should not go running around naked.

If you look closely, the bottom of the left side of the garage door does not touch the pavement. The bottom of the right side of the garage door does touch the pavement. This is a not a good combination of facts.

In fact, it looked a whole lot worse earlier today when, for some reason, the garage door decided to go berserk, rip things out of the garage that weren't supposed to be ripped out, dent a perfectly attractive garage door, send cables and wires and screws in places they ought not be, and just generally create a disaster. It looked really bad is what I'm trying to say. Then my wife and I combined to at least get it close to being closed, with a slash across my wrist (note; not self-inflicted) the only casualty of war.

So far.

I have a nasty feeling that the biggest casualties of war are yet to come, and I suspect casualty number one to be my bank account, and casualty number two to be my time.

At least I know what to expect, right?

So, how was your afternoon?

Comments:
Too bad about the garage door. I went through 3 garage doors in the first 4 months I lived in my house. My door caved in every time we had a storm those first few months. I had to have the garage door company come to my house just so I could get my truck out in order to go to work. I was lucky because my builder paid to have the door fixed each time.
 
I'm guessing this house has been here just long enough that I will not be lucky.
:-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist