Saturday, November 25, 2006

 
Whaddaya think about this sweet ride? This is why all of you should follow my example and become a Saturn customer, too!

No, it's not mine, but I did get to ride around Baton Rouge in this sweet Saturn Sky with my friend, Roland, this morning. My family owns three Saturn vehicles (thanks to our friendship with Roland), and today was a convenient day for my (pretty much) once a year run to Baton Rouge to have the ION I drive looked over from top to bottom.

When my family moved to Ocean Springs in early 1999, we had the honor of meeting Roland. My youngest daughter, Hillary, was without a doubt a daddy's girl at the time (and still is, thank you very much!), and Roland was one of two men (along with Mr. Tandy) that she would even give the time of day to back then. We've all been Mr. Roland fans ever since, even though his move to Baton Rouge landed him 150 miles away.

The first time finances permitted us to even think about buying a new car we called Roland, and he took great pleasure in hooking us up with a Saturn. It's not just us, though: I've never seen anyone enjoy making other people happy as much as Roland. And over the years, he's made us happy on lots of occasions. (In addition to automobile matters and a great friendship, I've even enjoyed some LSU/Arkansas tickets, too!)

Not many people can say they look forward to the day they "get to" take their car in to the car dealership's service department, but that's completely the way I feel when I get to make the trip over to Baton Rouge. This morning, Roland took me for a spin in the new Saturn Sky, then we spent the morning talking as the friends we are, then finished the morning off with a Chick-Fil-A lunch.

Roland makes me feel important. I hope I'm not completely selfish in the relationship, though, because he is awfully important to my entire family.

It's been a great day for me, even if you didn't factor in the breathtaking weather.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist