Sunday, December 31, 2006

 
I realize I'm running the risk of exposing a preschool underage drinking scandal with the publication of this picture, but not to worry, Emily was not the designated driver tonight. :-)

Plus, it's sparkling grape juice.

Our friends, Tracy & Shanna, invited us over tonight, and we had a really good time. My wife & daughters made it back to town today, and after a long day's drive, both Jody & Erica went home early. Jody is sleeping as I type (partly from the drive, partly because she has to work New Year's Day). Erica just went to bed.

Hillary wanted to stay at Tracy & Shanna's, so we stayed until about 11pm when our rollicking party broke up for the night. So we're at home now. It's 11:20pm, and Hillary wants me to stay up until midnight with her, and I've missed her so much this week that I probably will. I'm not sure I could sleep with all the fireworks in the neighborhood right now anyway.

So 2006 is basically over, huh? It's been quite a year in many ways; thankfully, not a hurricane-infested year. My personal goal when the year began (and the same goal I preached to my church family the first Sunday in 2006) was simply to be a "survivor." We were Katrina-weary at the beginning of 2006, and my lofty goal was simply to survive 2006.

And I guess we have.

So, after I see the new year in with Hillary, I plan to go to bed and sleep well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist