Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 
I still don't know if what I have is the flu or not, but whatever it is, it didn't turn out to be a 24-hour-and-get-back-to-life sort of illness. We're into Day 3 here, and though I'm better, I'm not anywhere near back to full strength.

I have had the honor of becoming much better acquainted with both my bed and my bathroom in the last few days, along with lots of opportunity for reflection. And because of that, I now have a much greater appreciation for...

* People who are sick more than once every 2-3 years. You are superheroes.
* People who are assigned "bed rest" for a few weeks. I used to think that this sounded like good work if you could get it, but after just a couple of days, I have a new opinion.
* The soothing taste of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup.
* The amount of liquid that resided in my body prior to Monday morning.
* Gatorade.
* The weight of my skull (I had no idea).
* People in the world who live without soft, two-ply toilet tissue.
* Ritz crackers.
* Crushed ice.

Tuesday was significantly better than Monday, but that isn't saying much. Kind of like comparing Saddam to Hitler. Today is better than yesterday.

So here's a 7-up toast to hoping tomorrow is even better than today...

Comments:
Yuck. I hate being sick. :-)

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
 
Thanks, Bobby. As you always say, "better me than you."
:-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist