Friday, December 22, 2006

 
I ventured out of the house for the first time this week, pretty much because I needed to do a few things at the church building before our Christmas Eve service on Sunday. I felt lightheaded the whole time and wondered if it was a good idea after all.

I almost backed out of going to our friends (Matt & Hollie's) tonight, but after considering that I'd just be sitting around our house anyway, I figured I could sit around theirs, too. And I'm very glad I did.

We have a lot of neat friends, and our resident fireworks expert (Herman, pictured above) brought in another huge haul to entertain the kids (and adults, too!). I don't guess we shot off any Christmas fireworks in Northeast Arkansas when I was a kid, but the great weather on the Gulf Coast combined with the early New Years Eve fireworks sale makes it a good idea.

We only had one VERY exciting moment tonight, when one of the fireworks tipped over and shot at the crowd. I had pretty much the closest view, but to tell the truth I'm still so drained from being sick this week that I didn't get too excited about it! More funny than scary...

It's been a good night. Speaking of good nights, good night.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist