Friday, December 08, 2006

 
I've had a great day in Arkansas with my mom and sisters for my mom's 70th birthday.

We picked up my sister, Jacki, from the airport in Jonesboro at noon, then went to Chili's for lunch. Our waitress there was awfully impressive: she finished her biochemistry final this morning as a pre-med major, was waiting tables this afternoon at Chili's, and is on a track & field scholarship there at A.S.U. You just have to give a young woman like that a really nice tip.

Afterwards, we went back to my mom's apartment and just spent the afternoon talking. Tonight, we went to my sister, Sandy's, beautiful new home, ordered pizza, ate birthday cake, and had an unbelievably wonderful night of conversation. In particular, we found ourselves talking about "dad" who died twelve years ago now. Just about everyone teared up at some point or another while remembering poignant moments from that unforgettable part of our lives.

What a good day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist