Friday, December 15, 2006

 
My wife was decorating for the all-church Christmas party tomorrow night. My oldest daughter was babysitting. My youngest daughter was supposed to be spending the night with a friend. I didn't know what I would end up doing tonight, but I had a sneaky suspicion I would end up helping decorate. Instead, my youngest daughter's plans were cancelled due to her friend's brother having the flu, so it suddenly became a father/daughter night (one of my personal favorites).

We started at the brand new McDonald's less than five minutes from our house (so new we didn't even know it was open for business yet - turns out this is day two). From there we went to downtown Ocean Springs, one of the neatest places in the world.

There weren't a ton of Christmas lights downtown (as we had hoped), but I don't care what time of year it is downtown Ocean Springs is a neat place to walk around anyway. And we enjoyed it tonight. Temperatures in the mid-50s (perfect jacket weather), a slight mist in the air with the fairly heavy fog, Christmas decorations in every store, and basically vacated streets - almost like everyone turned it over to a daddy and his little girl for a stroll tonight.

And it was good.

Comments:
One thing you forgot ... today is the first day of the festival of lights. Yes, Hanukkah! So bring out the menorah and the lights.

See my new post on it.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
 
Thanks, Bobby! Interesting (and informative) post on Hanukkah!

And Happy Hanukkah right back at ya!

Yours,
Al
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist