Thursday, December 21, 2006

 
The rumors are true.

Though I'm still not completely out of the "low in the gravy lay" part of my illness, I feel the tense anticipation of the (much faster) "up from the gravy arose" chorus just around the corner. I had to go to the bullpen twice tonight for two events I would have liked to have attended, but maybe after one more day, I'll be able to venture out of the house again.

One piece of good news: I've not had to put gas in my car this week.

I've developed one more appreciation to share: for those placed in solitary confinement. Even though my family has been here off and on since Monday morning, I'm still about to go NUTS being here at home all the time.

In between the bouts of puking & his embarrassing cousin Monday & Tuesday, I did an awful lot of sleeping. That has now caught up to me. I woke up yesterday morning about 4am unable to go back to sleep, and after being up all day yesterday, I decided to lay down for the night around 10:30pm last night.

Well...

I began on the couch. From there I moved to the daybed in my office. From there I moved to the living room floor. From there I moved to the hide-a-bed sofa. From there I just sat up in the darkness and watched the time go by... (well, in the darkness you can't really watch anything go by...). About 3am this morning I was FINALLY able to go to sleep, and that for about four whole hours. Now I've been up all day again.

On the up-side, I finished books 9 and 10 of "Series of Unfortunate Events," and tonight I'm pretty sure I'll finish book 11. Reading about the poor Baudelaire children does make me feel a bit better about myself.

But I digress...

I'm feeling better. And I've abandoned all longings for a life of crime, seeing as how such behavior could lead to a life of solitary confinement.

So overall, those are good things.

Comments:
Glad to hear you are feeling some better...stay on track!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist