Friday, January 26, 2007

 
I think my favorite part of photography expeditions is the quest for the perfect picture. I know absolutely nothing about Photoshop or other editing software, and I kind of like it that way because I can't clean up any of my shots. Either I get the perfect shot, or I don't.

I don't know much about lighting either, other than knowing that I want the sunshine behind me when possible. And I know that when I'm under fluorescent lights that I'm going to have a really hard time capturing the perfect picture.

The one thing I'm pretty good at is putting myself in a good position to get a good picture, so I guess that's my speciality if there is such a thing, and I really enjoy doing what I can to get in the perfect photo-opportune spot.

I went to Mobile, Alabama, today on a photography expedition. I went to the final walk-through practice for both North and South squads on the day before the Senior Bowl. I ended up with some really good pics (which you can check out on my Webshots page), but I was most proud of the "perfect picture" I landed above.

I went today with the first priority being Heisman winner, Troy Smith, second priority, Coach Jon Gruden, and third priority, national champion Florida's quarterback, Chris Leak. During the South practice, Leak ended up on the sideline, and I captured several really good shots. I was standing next to a couple of Florida Gator fans who kept trying to get pictures of their hero, too.

At one point, San Francisco 49ers running backs coach, Bishop Harris, decided to have some fun and make Chris Leak turn around and pose for a picture for the Gator fans. When he did, he made a funny face while outstanding running backs, Kenny Irons (#23 from Auburn), Lorenzo Booker (#28 from Florida State), and Ken Darby (in the background from Alabama) jumped into the picture, too.

The Gator fans' camera didn't work.

But mine did.

And I captured my perfect picture.

Comments:
Great picture Al. The quest for the perfect picture is what keeps me going out and taking pictures. I have Fridays off too, but I don't get out and take advantage of it like you are. Darah and I usually just use that day to goof off.

I haven't been taking many pictures lately, but I have been doing a lot of photoshopping to the ones I have taken in the past. I have been doing a lot of "graphic design" stuff. I love photoshop. You should give it a try. Just don't rely on it too much. When I take a picture I try not to think that I can fix it later in Photoshop. I try to get it right in the field.
 
I'll have to do that sometime. There are several that have just a little something that stands in the way of perfection, and its a shame to leave them that way (since most often the moment is irretrievable).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist