Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 
I've had a chance to do several things today: prepare my class for Sunday morning, teach an introductory ladies' class on Hebrews, prepare for a meeting tonight, spend some time visiting a family from our congregation, and read chapter four from The Divine Conspiracy.

But early this morning, before I normally know life exists, my Ocean Springs photography project afforded me the neat opportunity to go behind-the-scenes at the legendary TatoNut Shop in downtown Ocean Springs.

All you Krispy Kreme fans will just have to face the facts: there is no better donut in the world than a TatoNut. Can I get a witness? I'm not sure what the secret is (and no, my behind-the-scenes opportunity today didn't let me in on any secrets), but somehow from its potato flour beginning to its glorious glazed finish, the TatoNut is the perfect pastry.

My oldest daughter had the chance to work at The TatoNut Shop this past summer, and she was honored to be asked to work when she was home from college, too. With my 2007 Ocean Springs photography project underway, I asked her before she left to check with the Mohler family and see if they cared if I came by to take a picture or two. They told her that today would be best (the day after a holiday is usually slow they said), between 5am and 6am. So I arrived at 5:15am and had the neat chance to go back where the donuts are prepared and snap a couple of pictures. (Go to my Ocean Springs photo-blog and see the picture of the owners together.)

I'm off to a bit of a slow start, but my 2007 photo project is something I'm glad I'm doing. I have an appointment lined up tomorrow - I'm sure I'll be keeping you updated along the way!

Comments:
There is no question. Absolutely no question. Tat-o-Nut beats all donuts hands down. Better than Krispy Kreme ... better than Shipley ... better than Delta Cream (Cleveland, MS ... hard to beat!). So what did you EAT?
 
My all-time favorite: the blueberry cake donut! Yum-yum!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist