Saturday, January 27, 2007

 
On the bad side of things this Saturday: my wife is sick, and the weather is downright ugly.

On the good side of things today: I took Hillary and her friend, Sidney, to the Gulf Coast Science Exploreum with our friends from church, the Lawlers and the Martins, where we enjoyed an IMAX movie on Greece, a traveling exhibit on Pompeii, and the cool standing exhibits of the Exploreum (one pictured above).

But on the very best side of life today was a chance encounter with Clint at the Exploreum.

Clint has the kind of heart I hope to have most of the time. He has been in love with following Jesus for a long time now, even though he is still a young man, and I've marveled at his idealistic devotion - the kind one should never lose. Just talking with him today made my life better.

Clint is nearly finished with his college degree, and if he's accepted, he plans to spend next year in Americorps. He doesn't know exactly where life will lead from there (he wonders if two years in the Peace Corps might follow), but in his continual quest to truly follow Jesus, he has come to learn - with little help from organized religion mind you - that it must involve caring for the oppressed of the world somehow.

I was ecstatic to hear him talk. I've thought & talked - and even acted - far more about this than he has so far. But I hope he makes a lot more progress than I have.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist