Friday, January 12, 2007

 
On Front Beach in Ocean Springs Today

After years of ignorance to the contemporary value of sabbath, I began approaching my Fridays as an intentional break from regular life. Sundays, for most preachers, are anything but a sabbath, so Friday became my day.

And it was good.

Then came Hurricane Katrina, and my personal sabbath day changed. Oddly enough, after several weeks of non-stop action, Sunday emerged as my sabbath after all! Yet as our lives in the Gulf South region have slowly recovered our past routines, Sunday has slowly become another work day for me. And as that happened, I forgot about the contemporay value of sabbath.

And that was bad.

But today, I resumed my attempt at making Friday my sabbath again.

I took my camera along for my day to stop being productive and just taste life. I spent a little time by the Biloxi Lighthouse, then I traipsed around the woods behind my house. I stopped to watch the ducks at the entrance to my subdivision, then I went down to Front Beach and wandered around Ocean Springs Harbor.

And it was good - again.



Comments:
Glad to read that you are getting back to normal, at least in some ways. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your day.

BTW, I've listed your books on my web site under writers' resources. If you want to check it out visit www.thespiritualoasis.org and click on the Writers' Resources button.

Blessings,
-bill
 
Thanks, Bill!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist