Sunday, January 14, 2007

 
The Superdome a Few Months After Katrina (my 1st trip to N'awlins after...)
Well, the Saints are through with the Superdome this year, but they aren't finished playing football. After our friends, Tracy & Shanna, treated us to a wonderful lunch today, I enjoyed watching the exciting overtime game between the Bears and the Seahawks with them. In the end, it was Da Bears! that clinched a spot in next week's NFC Championship Game against the Saints. The game last night was exciting, too! I have to admit that I got a little worried at halftime when the Saints didn't pull off the Hail Mary pass to close the second quarter. I mean when the "Saints" in a predominantly Catholic area can't connect on a Hail Mary, well who can? But they overcame that particular unanswered prayer to continue a miraculous season anyway, and next week they will face the top team in the NFC - the Chicago Bears - to see if they can do the unthinkable and make it to Miami to compete in Super Bowl #41. All things are possible, right?
(P.S. Did anyone see the hit on Reggie Bush last night? When he came back into the game, I became convinced that he really is Superman. But it was an old Mississippi boy named Deuce that carried that team to victory!)

Comments:
Hey, your Saints beat my Eagles! Bummer, but congratulations.
 
Man, I thought that Reggie was out of the game on the second play! What a hit! I was on edge the entire game, along with everyone else. There at the end when Bush dropped the ball ... I think my heart stopped for a moment. Great game.
 
Sorry, Mark. It still sounds funny to me hearing them referred to as "my Saints." I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan, so take solace in the fact that you can rub that one in my face! :-) It's just since Katrina that I've latched on to the possibility with the Saints.

And JD, it is fun to hear you talking sports!!! I knew I'd rub off on you eventually!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist