Friday, January 19, 2007

 
Today was a very nice "day off" (two Fridays in a row now!).

I had the chance to go with my friend, John Dobbs, to visit our mutual friend, Les Ferguson, at his new house in Gulfport. We're all three preachers, but today John & I got to play the part of the pastoral visitors while Les, with his broken ankle, got to be the visit-ee (a little putting the Christmas decorations back in the attic accident). Since we are all friends, John & I didn't have to be nice, so we were well-prepared to make fun of him. But instead, we just had a really nice visit, talking about a little bit of everything under the sun.

Afterwards, John & I ate lunch at Cracker Barrell, which is ALWAYS a good thing in my estimation. I had the chicken 'n dumplings, with fried okra & fried apples. Are you hungry yet?

I'll admit that when I moved to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, venturing into the world of life as a preacher, I suspected someone like me wouldn't hit it off with "preachers" in general. I don't know if John and Les will take this as a compliment or not, but I instantly felt a connection with both of these great guys, and I'm proud to count them as my friends.

Comments:
You guys came over here and ate at Cracker Barrel and didn't take me? Just funnin'! I really enjoyed the visit! Thanks for being my friend and brother!
Les
 
We should have brought you along - your broken ankle may have got us special seating!!! (j/k)

Enjoyed spending time with you...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist