Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 
WARNING!!! Due to the graphic nature of the following post, all men are asked to read another blog to avoid wincing in pain. All women with a shred of decency about them are asked to read another blog, too, basically to keep you from laughing at all men. Likewise, children too young to read articles that use the word “testicle” should not read the entry today either.

Now, for the sadistic women still reading…

I’ve had this working theory on vasectomies up until today. I have heard lots of vasectomy veterans refer to them as “no big deal.” My theory is that these men are either (a) trying to fool the rest of us into having one since they had to do it, or (b) the type of guy who believes that they should act tough about anything that happens “down there” in spite of the truth.

Today, I feel my theory is pretty much confirmed.

Sure, on one level, it was “no big deal.” I mean, compared to brain replacement surgery, it wasn’t a big deal. Compared to torture that lasts for LONGER than twenty minutes, it was no big deal. I mean, Saddam Hussein may have said hanging wasn't such a big deal either.

But this was a big enough deal for me.

For starters, someone could have warned me that there was no anesthetic given before receiving a shot to a rather sensitive area of the body. That’s important information to know all by itself.

But the doctor was cool about it all, and this is a very important fact since I was all alone in a room with this man who was using sharp surgical equipment while I lay in a rather vulnerable position.

Plus, he was funny…

Proof #1: When I moaned at one point because of (fill in the blank using your imagination), he asked if I was alright. I replied, “Yes, it’s just the pressure.” He said, “Sort of like someone pulling on your testicle?” I said, “Yes,” to which he answered, “Well, I sort of am…”

Proof #2: Half-way through the procedure, he stopped, looked at me and said, “Well, you wanna do the other side, too, while we’re here?”

He could take this shtick on the road, but I suspect he makes more money and has more stories to tell doing things the way they are right now.

The immediate aftermath of the procedure wasn’t bad at all. My wife drove me home and fixed supper. About the time she finished cooking, the numbness started to wear off and the real recovery process began. I haven’t been moving very quickly for the past twenty-four hours now.

To all the sadistic women still reading this blog I’d like to say, “Honey, at least I followed through on my promise to do this a decade ago.”

And I’m sure glad this is a one time procedure.

Comments:
I hope you recover soon, Al! Thanks for telling the truth to those of us who are holding off of this procedure!
 
Ouch! Wondering if you will be visiting Michigan in May... Do you have any plans?

Hopefully, your 2007 is getting off to a fantastic start. My prayer is that you will be blessed by God with many opportunities for fruitful service in the Lord's kingdom in the new year.

I wanted to let you know that I've listed your blog on my blogroll at The Spiritual Oasis' web site. If you have additional blogs that you would like to see listed or would like to recommend others, please send word to:
contactus[at]thespiritualoasis.org.

To view The Spiritual Oasis' blogroll click the following link:

The Spiritual Oasis Blogroll
 
Thanks, guys!

John, you know me - I'll shoot you straight!!!

And Bill, I'm not sure about Michigan right now. I'm making plans toward Pepperdine instead, but I haven't made reservations just yet. And thanks for adding me to your roll - when your roll gets called up yonder, good to know I'll be there!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist