Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 
Well, it has officially begun.

I've done a lot of waffling over the last few weeks about some photography projects I had in mind. I was all excited, then I ditched it. All excited. Ditched it. You get the drift.

But in the end, I decided on excited, and today was my official first day on one of the two projects that I'm planning to complete in 2007.

I'm officially calling this one, "My Ocean Springs: 2007 in Pictures." I have created a blog for it (surprise!) that I've linked on the left hand column, but my grand intention is to have my good friend, David Watson, help me assemble a coffee table book out of the 100 pictures I plan to capture this year.

I could simply take pictures of all the neat places, things, and events that make Ocean Springs a unique and neat place to live, but I really felt drawn to up the ante and make sure I feature a person in each picture instead of settling for the easy way out. And that is what I intend to do.

In addition to the 100 people, I'm also planning to get my picture made with each person & see if David will use his amazing skill to assemble a collage of those pics for the cover (since, after all, the book will be titled, "MY Ocean Springs").

I'm really looking forward to all the neat people I will meet this year in my wonderful hometown. Today, I met Marjorie Anderson Ashley, whose father (Peter Anderson) is legendary around these parts. I would not have met her today if I weren't pursuing this project...

So I like the idea already.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist