Saturday, February 10, 2007

 
I spent the afternoon at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center in Baton Rouge watching the LSU Tigers defeat my Arkansas Razorbacks, 71-67. I wore my Razorback shirt, and surprisingly, I was treated kindly by the LSU fans!

The P-MAC is an interesting place. After Hurricane Katrina, it served as the largest triage in American history, processing evacuees from New Orleans ranging from the homeless addicts to the legendary Fats Domino.

I spent my morning at the Saturn dealership in Baton Rouge, getting my wife's car worked on. While I was there, I received a frantic phone call from one of our members. Her granddaughters have been attending church with us since their grandmother received custody. This morning, they found out that her granddaughters' half-brother - only three years old - died with his father in a trailer fire in Ocean Springs. I was able to get in touch with Gene, one of our elders, and he was able to serve his pastoral role for the family.

Please keep Audrey & Katie and the whole family in your prayers.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist