Monday, February 19, 2007

 


In the "weird" department, despite what your calendar and mine says today, you have not been celebrating Presidents Day. This is, in fact, Washington's Birthday (observed), as clarified to us by Snopes.com.

So all you Abraham Lincoln fans will kindly remove your party hats.

All sorts of jokes present themselves, of course, about Washington (D.C.) not being able to even clarify a federal holiday involving its own name.

But anyway, I hope you have had a great Washington's Birthday (observed). I meant to send all of you a card, but Hallmark only carries Presidents' Day cards, and I am too much a holiday purist to stoop to such a level.

But I can guarantee you that everyone here in the Gulf South region knows that tomorrow is Mardi Gras, and the only confusion there is the precise point when someone is arrested for public indecency.

I think I'll just plan to put in a regular day's work tomorrow...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist