Friday, February 09, 2007

 
It has been an odd "day off," with work & pleasure equally mixed in, but it has been a good day because even the work parts felt like a blue jeans & tennis shoes day, too.

My day began in Ocean Springs:
* After taking my daughter to school early this morning, I returned home and spent about an hour in War & Peace. I was extremely relieved to discover that Prince Andrei was still alive, but I wasn't prepared for the tragedy with his wife that came immediately thereafter. I wasn't surprised to discover that the Bezukhov marriage is destined for the Maury Povich Show like I had predicted (smile). And the Rostov family is an interesting set of folks: for some reason I can't like Nikolai, but I really like his little sister, Natasha.
* I then went to downtown Ocean Springs to take a picture of Carol & Angie for my "church" photography project. They are so neat. They have been best friends since they were 12 years old. They have worked side-by-side as adults for the past 18 years. Heck, they even went into labor together years ago (Carol with her only child, Angie with her second)!

I then moved on to Biloxi:
* There's a Monster Truck show this weekend at the Coliseum. I'm not into monster trucks, but I am into tracking down unique pictures. So I enjoyed watching the Predator get its facelift before tonight's show. I also saw the Escalade emerge from its travel trailer, along with a couple of lesser known trucks.
* I then went to visit my friend, Hezekiah, at the nursing home. Hezekiah is something else. I hadn't been over in a while, so I really wanted to go see him. I tell people I go visit him to cheer myself up, and that is really the effect he has on people. He is mentally & physically challenged, but he is never sick and always happy. Today was no exception.
* On the way out of Biloxi, I noticed the sun come out as I passed the Biloxi Lighthouse. With a brilliant blue sky, I stopped and took some pictures. I posted one on my Webshots page under "Places."

I then moved on to Pascagoula:
* After years on the Habitat for Humanity board, term limits forced me to step down, but I remain on the Family Support Committee. With the merge of the two county affiliates into one Mississippi Gulf Coast affiliate, there are a lot of things to start from scratch. We had an excellent meeting to try to get Family Support off on the right foot. It was good to see old Habitat buddies, Nicole & Cynthia, as well as a recent acquaintance in Jirman. It was also a pleasure to meet two new Habitat experts, Erica and Vera. This committee seems in good hands.

Back to Ocean Springs:
* And tonight, we have the annual elementary school's Spaghetti Dinner, complete with cake walk and reading fair and all other sorts of fun. Friday night is our "family night," and this school function provides a perfect way for my wife & daughter & I to spend some time together.

I hope all of you have/had a great day, too!!!!!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist