Wednesday, February 14, 2007

 
This is sisters, Audrey & Katie, after Katie's baptism a couple of weeks ago now. This past week, they lost their little brother & former stepdad in a trailer fire. Today, I attended the double funeral.

Audrey began the service by taking the podium and reading a letter she had written in memory of both Ryan & Seth to an overflow crowd in the funeral chapel. When she finished, Katie took her turn to do the same, including sharing two poems she had written especially for them.

I always thought I was pretty courageous when I spoke at my dad's funeral back when I was twenty-four years old.

I don't hold a candle to what I saw in both of these sisters today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist