Monday, March 26, 2007

 
Another picture from the zoo this past Saturday...

Today was pretty much a typical Monday: lots of church business to attend to, along with preparing a couple of classes...

I did receive a call a bit out of the ordinary this morning from one of our local nursing homes: Mrs. Dottie requested a visit. I dropped by just after lunch to see her in her semi-private room. She was having a bad day, finding it hard to keep fighting, so she felt the need to see me and have me offer a prayer in her presence. So I did. Over the television of her roommate, the nurses, and the maintenance staff that came in and out, I consulted the Maker of the Universe on her behalf.

And this was what she wanted. About fifteen minutes of my time, and a prayer. How privileged I am to be able to offer that to her. And how humbling it is to think that this was what Mrs. Dottie so desperately needed this Monday - just fifteen minutes of my time and a prayer.

Comments:
I am saddened each time I drive that coastal hwy and see the results of the wrath of Katrina. I don't believe it will even approach returning to its glory days in my life time. Come to think about it, not much else will happen in my life time either. Man, I am old!!

Grace and Peace,
Royce Ogle
 
:-)

They say you are only as old as you feel. Is that true?

If so, I'm going to start asking for the senior citizen discount.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist