Saturday, March 17, 2007

 
Hillary took this picture, and it pretty much communicates the bulk of today. Today was pool installation day as well as the day we began building our deck. Great friend, Tom, came over to help things get started, and I literally don't know what we would have done without him. After a few glitches here and there, we're well on our way...

Beginning with my daughter, Erica's, 14th birthday, my present for her every year is for she and I to do something special together. And we've done some pretty big things over the years. Well, she's twenty now, and tonight was my night with her. The focus of the night was something she's always wanted to do - go to Biloxi's famous (and expensive) Mary Mahoney's Restaurant to eat. Mary Mahoney's is featured in a couple of John Grisham's books (most notably Runaway Jury), and it's history is amazing (the building dates back to 1737).

We began with a shrimp cocktail appetizer, then we both had the stuffed snapper. We even made room for dessert (key lime pie for me, Mississippi mud pie for Erica).

As an added bonus, Bruno called yesterday wondering if I was interested in their two tickets to the Gulf Coast Symphony tonight, which worked out perfectly for my evening with Erica. We had a wonderful night at the symphony enjoying a "Mediterranean Sojourn."

But now it's late. And I'm tired. And I better study since some of us have to work tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist