Friday, March 02, 2007

 
In honor of my family's new favorite show ("Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"), I am proud to report that it has been another banner day for the Sturgeon household.

There are approximately 150 fourth graders at my daughter's elementary school (6 classes x 25 students). Each class conducted a spelling bee recently, with the top three spellers moving on to the entire fourth grade spelling bee (Hillary came in first in her class). Today, these eighteen top spellers duked it out in front of all their classmates and many of their parents for fame and fortune (actually, for a Scrabble game).

Hillary came in 2nd place!!!!!!!!!!

I was proud of her for many reasons: one, for coming in 2nd place; two, for being a good speller; three, for being proud of herself!

But most importantly I was proud of her for being so confident in front of a crowd! She had said for the past few days that she was nervous, and I tried to convince her to relax, have fun, do her best, and just take whatever comes. I don't know if she listened to me or not, but that seemed to be exactly what she did.

And who needs to know how to spell "legion" anyhow?
:-)

Comments:
And Uncle Heath said the family couldn't spell! :-) Congrats Miss Hillary! We are proud of you!

Aunt Jennifer
 
Thanks, Jennifer!!!! (Funny, but Jody says the same thing!) :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist