Sunday, March 11, 2007

 
Okay, I need a bit of advice from the two of you that regularly read my blog (Hi Mom!). I did a photo-shoot with my good friend, Jim McVeay, today at the Mississippi Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Ocean Springs. I struggled a LOT to select the best picture, and the one you are looking at above is the runner-up. I like the pictures in the background and the expression on Jim's face, especially given the paragraph I wrote about both Jim and the memorial.

So...

Please go HERE to see the picture that barely won in my personal contest and to read the paragraph. If I royally screwed up and should go with the picture here instead, please let me know. What I like about the "other" picture, by the way, is that it has more of the feel of a professional photo from a magazine feature article. But this was a hard choice...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a GREAT morning with our church family, followed by a fun lunch at El Saltillo. Our old friends, Beverly and Emily Weatherington, surprised us with a spring break visit, and it was so good to see them again. I was amazed at how tall Emily has grown in the past year!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Arkansas Razorbacks had the stuffing beat out of them in the SEC finals today by the Florida Gators, but it was amazing that the Hogs even made it to the finals. Even though Florida beat us in both games, I'm pretty proud that the Razorbacks made it to the championship games in both football and basketball this year. And now, in an hour, we'll see if the Hogs late-season run earned them a ticket to the Big Dance.

Everyone get ready to fill out your bracket!!!

Comments:
Al: I think you made the correct choice. The cryptic letters and numbers in your close-up are too puzzling.
 
I see the Hogs are going to the Ball! Can they dance?
 
I hope they can dance with USC. But Texas looms in Round 2 if we make it there, and you know how tough Texans can be! :-)
 
I like this picture better than the other one.
 
The dilemma continues!

John & Bruno pick opposite sides, then my mom and wife's grandmother pick opposite sides, too. The 50/50 vote isn't helping! (Well, I guess it does confirm that it is hard to choose between the two.)
 
I like this one better, as well. Although, they're both good.
 
I hate to do this, but I like the one in the this post better than the other. It forces you to think a little more, but the expression on his face is more defined, less shadowed than the other one!
Aloha!
 
Thanks, guys. I'm going to post a third one to think about tonight!!! (Yes, there's even a 4th close one, but maybe I won't go there!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist