Monday, March 12, 2007

 
Okay, to complicate things once more, here's a THIRD picture to consider. For those that liked the one posted yesterday, this one is just a bit further away. I like that it has "Nam" at the end of Vietnam (since it was the slang anyway) as well as the year 1973 which, in addition to marking the end of the Vietnam War, also marked the year Jim retired. What do you think about this one compared to the one posted yesterday???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight was a night for basketball. Thirteen men gathered at our church building to eat dinner, fill out our NCAA brackets, and engage in a little hoops action of our own on the church parking lot. Even though I moved as little as possible, I still ended up with a blister.

Basketball used to pretty much be my life, but those days are LONG gone now. It is a bit depressing to even play informal games like tonight. I never played anything halfway, but between the aging out-of-shape body and a long story for another time about a shattered leg and an ongoing fear of injury, halfway is the best I can do now. Which is depressing.

But spending time with a good group of men from our church family... well, as the commerical says: priceless.

Comments:
I like this one best. For the reasons you mentioned, I think.
 
Yep, it overcomes the issue of those meaningless numbers and letters on the first one.
 
Al check out my crop of this picture. McVeay

I just did a little crop in photoshop to focus more on the subject of the picture. Of course this is a non standard crop size so if you had a specific size in mind for this picture my crop wouldn't work.

I am still enjoying all of the pictures!
 
Sounds like a cool b'ball night.

So how far do you have the Hogs going?
 
Thanks, guys!!! I think I'll go with this one...

And Danny, it was a fun bball night, but its a sore morning (blisters, jammed finger, achy joints)!!! I've got the Hogs pulling one of the 5/12 upsets in the 1st round but then falling to the Horns.

I'm still a homer, so I could work up a scenario where we advance further, but I'm afraid that would just be wishful thinking. We'll be lucky to make it past the 1st round.
 
Al:
My heart said - Go with my Friend's Razorbacks -- but I followed my head. Sorry, but I said "One and Out."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist