Thursday, March 29, 2007

 
There were a lot of important things to do today, some of which don't need to be discussed on the World Wide Web, and the others I'm just too spent to think about anymore right now.

So I'll just post a picture from this afternoon I added to My Ocean Springs Project. Feel free to check it out HERE. Gulf Hills has a very interesting history.

So since I'm not willing to talk about anything important today, I think I'll mention that I'm thinking about shaving my head. Oh, quit laughing. I'm being serious.

It's funny, I have long had weird, embarrassing hair, so it's extra funny that the reason I'm a bit hesitant to shave my head is vanity. How could someone with hair like me be vain about it? Sheesh! I think my biggest fear is that people will mistake me for someone who is HIV-positive with a shaved head, but then again, that might not be so bad.

I like reading the writings of the whacked-out mind of Anne Lamott. I remember reading her description of watching The Shawshank Redemption. At the best moment of the movie, when the main character is exulting in the rain, she said her dominant thought was that she could never do that because it would mess her hair up. This is when she decided to let her friend transform her nappy hair into dreadlocks. I can relate to Anne, but I'm fairly certain my hair is better suited to the cue ball look than dreadlocks.

Just warning you all. Don't be surprised someday.

I used to threaten my wife with shaving my head. After a while, she changed her response to, "Well, do it." That's when I realized that I wasn't so sure of my bravery.

But I'm getting braver...
:-)

Comments:
Al, you joined the V club...compared to that, what's a shaved head?
 
Exactly!

(I think)

:-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist