Tuesday, March 13, 2007

 
When my family moved to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, we were introduced to all sorts of wonderful seafood. But we missed good barbecue.

That is, until The Shed BBQ came along and saved us...

In the past couple of weeks, The Shed has been in the business of saving a lot more than that. Linda Orrison, mother of the owners (pictured with me today above), took it on herself to coordinate a relief effort to the tornado victims in Enterprise, Alabama. She called schools and churches and city governments, and instead of simply filling The Shed's 17-foot trailer, she ended up filling it AND two fifty-three foot tractor-trailers.

Our church family was honored to contribute to the effort, and tomorrow the trucks will roll to Alabama.

When you're on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, you might want to join all the people who've "been fed at The Shed."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: After all your wonderful photography advice, my great friend and excellent photographer, David Watson, went and played with a 4th picture of Jim McVeay and made it awesome! Check it out on my Ocean Springs blog HERE (scroll down to see it).

Comments:
The 4th picture is the best. By far, in my opinion.

I missed the same thing when I moved to California. You simply canNOT get good bbq here.

And you're looking sexy as ever.
 
:-)

Well if you'll quit basking out there, you can start a Malibu franchise of "The Shed." I've got connections.
 
Hmmm...let me think...

I think basking is probably a good trade-off for bbq. I mean, I can't have *everything*!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist