Thursday, March 15, 2007

 
Yes, I realize my mother reads this blog, and yet job security worries me a wee bit more. :-)

I hope tonight’s entry provides a pleasant smile for my friend, Bruno. Recently, when my wife and I visited with Bruno & Linda, we discussed various unique ideas for my Ocean Springs photo-project. I mentioned that I had noticed a new roller derby team had formed in Ocean Springs (The Mississippi Roller Girls), and both the Schroeders and my wife insisted that I include them. I had the pleasure of meeting league founder, Victoria Conway (who skates under the name, Vikki Sixx) tonight & add a most unique entry to my project (which you can read about HERE).

Tonight, for an extra, I hope it makes Bruno smile.

Bruno & I were at lunch together today when he received the call that his close friend, Fred Schumacher, had passed away in Cincinnati, Ohio. I was glad to be there when he heard, mostly to give him a hug as the initial emotions struck, but even more for the poignancy of his receiving the news while we were together. You see, when I first proposed the idea of he and I getting together regularly so that I could enjoy and learn from him, Bruno accepted in particular because, after Fred had moved away from the area following Katrina, he really needed a male friend.

So today, I’m glad I was there for Bruno, though briefly, when he heard the difficult news.

Not many retired pastors would encourage me to go meet the ladies of the roller derby, you see, but then again, not many pastors seem that interested in learning to live life like Jesus, who traveled in all sorts of interesting circles.

Tonight, I’m still thinking about Bruno. And I’m hoping that a picture of the Mississippi Roller Girls will somehow provide him with a unique morsel of much-needed comfort.

Comments:
Al:
It helps, but making a few smarter picks in the March Madness Brackets would have helped more!
:-)

11 for 16 is good in Baseball, but not too hot in Bracketology!! :-(
 
I was 11 for 16 day one, too. Today has been better so far...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist