Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 
The bulk of today consisted of preparations for Easter Sunday. By the very nature of the word "special," it is impossible to make every Sunday special. And by the distinct challenges of creativity, it is even impossible to make every "special" day special! But this Sunday has possibilities, and for that I am excited.

Shortly, I will head back to the church building for our Peak of the Week night. I'm teaching on the topic of "Reading and Storytelling" tonight, and I'm excited about this one, too. It carries the possibility of changing our lives for the better through a couple of practical suggestions. That always makes me excited about an upcoming class.

In between, Hillary & I went searching for Ocean Springs pictures. We found Bernard Clark in his antique shop, so I was able to add my 27th entry for 2007 (73 to go!).

Afterwards, we went to the Gulf Islands National Seashore to see if we could have any luck there. We did, but not in terms of adding a picture today. We met Terry, one of the park rangers, and she was a wealth of information. In addition to giving me direction on obtaining a cool picture at their Earth Day celebration in a couple of weeks, she had a great conversation with Hillary about animals. Hillary went to check on Maize, the pet corn snake, and she was the first to notice that Maize molted today (shed her skin). Terry asked if Hillary would like to see Maize, so she took her out of her cage and let her get a close-up look at this 2 or 3 foot long snake. We both (yes, me too) got to rub Maize's brand new skin, which felt like a water hose.

I bet none of you rubbed a freshly-molted corn snake's skin today, huh?

And I bet you're jealous, too.

Oh well, you don't have to be snitty about it. I thought it was cool. :-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist