Monday, April 30, 2007

 
Hillary took this picture this afternoon after my mom and I came home from "Bring Your Mom To Work Day" at the Ocean Springs Church of Christ (and for proof that she isn't TOO embarrassed by my bald head). After recently retiring after 30 years as a church secretary, my mom wasn't too unfamiliar with life around a church office. :-)

I completed my sermon for Sunday today, and I am really excited about it. It's titled "Mercy Vs. Rules" and comes from Matthew 12: 1-14. I hate to sound melodramatic, but it just might be the most important sermon I've ever delivered since becoming a preacher in Ocean Springs.

After morning work, my mom & I went to lunch at Blue's BBQ. We both had the pork sandwich specials, then shared an AWESOME lemonade pie for dessert. Yum-yum, good!

Tonight, I have to pack for my trip to California tomorrow! I've never been out West at all, so I'm especially looking forward to this trip to the Pepperdine lectures. If all goes well in terms of internet connections, I'll be checking in every day.

If not, well... you'll just have to wait a few days.

Comments:
I'm getting used to the head.
 
1st speech I hear at Pepperdine, Buddy Bell opens with a bald joke. I'm sitting four feet away from him in a room with 100 or so men.:-)

Having trouble finding an internet connection right now - borrowing one from my friend, Mikey. I'll try to post later.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist