Saturday, April 07, 2007

 
On February 17, my wife & I made the fateful decision to actually build a deck on to the above ground pool we had decided to purchase. At lunch the next day, the sky opened up, God smiled down, and our friend, Tom O'Connell, said that he'd like to help.

On March 17, the pool was installed, the deck materials were here, and we began work on the deck.

And yesterday, 20 days after beginning, we were completely done.

And there was much pride and rejoicing. (Tom is my new hero.)

Today, I think I worked harder than all 20 days combined, however, digging what seemed like half our yard up to put in a gravel & stepping stone walkway from our back door patio to the pool. I'm totally exhausted now. I need to go back to work to get some rest!

Happy Easter everyone!

Comments:
How fortunate for me! I've been traveling the country putting together sassy bicycles for room and board(and a nominal fee).

I am actually considering grad school out east, or teaching in Arkansas this year. I attended pharmacy school for three years, but decided not to return after my illness(just not for me). So I am mobile. I would love to come see you guys! When is best for you?

Al, it's great to here from you! It's too bad I didn't get in touch earlier, I just love digging. I don't know, maybe therapeutic or something?(HaHa)
Happy Easter,
Rob
 
Hey, I'm coming up to speak at CRC, and then I'm going to Pepperdine's lectures the first week of May. Probably after that would be perfect.

In between those would work, too.

Man, I'm excited! I can't wait to see you, and I can't wait to introduce you to Hillary. (Plus, you have to see my sports wall in my office & get a tour of the area!)

Either email me or give me a call & let's work out the details!

Your friend,
Al
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist