Thursday, May 03, 2007

 
Welcome to WEDNESDAY, and have I got a story for you.

I listened to six, count'em, six great lectures on Wednesday. Listen to this star-studded lineup (in order): Jeff Walling, Rick Atchley, Rubel Shelley, John York, Randy Harris, and Harold Shank. Personally, Shank's sermon resonated with me the most, but I found Atchley's & Shelley's classes the most intriguing. Thankfully, the latter two were the first of three part class series.

I also started by book purchasing on Wednesday. I've actually done good, only buying three: Kingdom Come by John Mark Hicks and occasional blog commenter here, Bobby Valentine, Divorce & Remarriage by Rubel Shelly, and Hear the Word of the Lord by Tim Willis (the expositor of this lectureship).

At dinner break, I had noticed that Pepperdine's baseball team was playing Cal-State Fullerton on campus. Mikey had told me that stars were seen around campus (that Reggie Miller and Adam Sandler worked out in the gym, and that Pamela Anderson was a baseball fan). As we walked along the cliff over the baseball team, he looked toward where she usually sat and thought it looked like she was there. So we sauntered down the steps to watch high-quality NCAA baseball action, and attempt my second star sighting in two days.

Well, Pepperdine was putting it on Cal-State Fullerton, much to the delight of the sparse crowd in attendance (maybe 200?). At one point, Ms. Anderson got up to leave, and I went to take a picture (the one you see above). She stopped and talked to a few folks with her ten-year-old son, very graciously I might add, and then said that she was just going to her car and would be back.

It gets better.

Toward the end of the game (another 45 minutes or so), Mikey & I decided to leave and go eat some dinner before I needed to be back for the evening lecture. As we began walking up the hill toward my rented mini-van, none other than Pamela Anderson is coming down the hill toward us! The word "surreal" comes to mind... here I am at the Pepperdine Bible Lectures, and my friend and I from Paragould, Arkansas, are alone on a hill with Pamela Anderson.

So, yes, I went to the Pepperdine Lectures and had my picture made with Pamela Anderson! (Side note #1: she was very kind; Side note #2: Mikey says she teaches a children's Bible class at one of the local churches... Just when you think you know someone...)

My wife requested approval of the picture before I post it on the internet. LOL!!!

Comments:
I'm flabbergasted...and I don't even know how to spell it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist