Saturday, May 05, 2007

 
Well, the 64th Pepperdine Bible Lectures are now in the books, but it was the 1st experience for me. And I give it a hearty two thumbs up.

From my first-timer perspective, there are three things that made this week worthwhile:

#1: Breathtaking nature (as I heard someone say - either Bobby Valentine or John Alan Turner, I can't remember which - if you can't teach people to see God in nature here, well, you should simply give it up)

#2: The (too) wide variety of excellent speakers (I attended 21 lectures this week, but I missed so much, too)

#3: Meeting neat people (just today, for instance, I had breakfast with a lady from Oregon who happened to be from Paragould, Arkansas, and at dinner I broke bread with the neatest elder from Long Beach, California)

I got to see my friends from the past, Scott and Jamie Gatlin, this week. I played phone tag with my friend, Jeneen Metz. I ran into my friend, Pam's, brother and sister-in-law tonight. I got to hang out quite a bit with Danny & Terri Dodd (which included time with neat guys like Bud Meyer and Jim Miller). I met Bobby Valentine in person, which was a distinct pleasure. I had the pleasure of seeing John Alan Turner again, and I had interesting private conversations with scholars such as Gary Holloway and Rubel Shelley. I met lots of people whose names I have already forgotten, from locations all over these United States. And I spent a LOT of time with Mikey, one of the coolest people in the universe.

But now I'm ready to go home. I miss my wife, and my daughters, and my mom who is at our house right now. So I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, too...

Good night Malibu.

Comments:
I see some problems here for Al. He mentions Danny, Scott and Pam's brother in law all having their wife's with them, I don't remember being invited to go. I wonder if any of these men are coming home with photos of Pamela Anderson.

Oh well, I just see a great mother's day and anniversary gift in my near future. JD- help me out should I ask for jewlry, the new sports car I have my eye on, or a bottle of bleach for my hair and a new white track suit to wear to my next baseball game?
Or better yet I think I want to go to a "lecture" for a week in some beautiful location and leave Al home with Hillary and His mother-in-law.

Al - I miss you too, have a safe trip home.
 
Jody,
I love your comments. I truly miss you and your sense of humor. When you decide what "lecture" your going to attend let me know. Talk to you soon. Take care!
 
Lien,

I miss you too. As soon as I have the line up for the best summer lecture (or concert)I'll let you know. Hope to see you guys soon.

Jody
 
Al,

Loved your posts from Pepperdine! And laughed out loud at Jody's comments! :)

Really enjoy your blog.

-- Bobby R.
 
Uh-oh. Jig's up.
 
LOL Jody needs her own blog. I love it.

I think you ought to call your friend in BR up and get a brand new Saturn Sky! Those are awesome!

I'm going to a lecture at Dollywood next month ... only there's no lecture. Maybe I can lecture on a corner somewhere and make it a tax deductable trip?

No bleach for you! You're the best you anyone can be...and that's without plastic or celebrity status!

Get a blog! (Just not on blogger!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist