Saturday, June 09, 2007

 


Our Cruise

CRUISE JOURNAL DAY SIX: Saturday, June 9, 2007
(a.k.a. "Where We Come Home to the Real World")

* We had breakfast in Four Winds this morning and were pleased to see Lovie one more time. I had a ham and cheese omelette with hash browns for my going away meal, and as expected, it was very good. Then we went back to our room to wait and wait... We watched Night at the Museum as we waited...

* Debarking the ship wasn't as bad as expected. In fact, we were in our car headed out of Mobile by 10am. Not bad at all.

* When we arrived home...

Oh well, back to the real world. Which is where we belong. Cruising was a great experience. A great place to visit. But I wouldn't want to live there.


Comments:
That sounded like our cruise. You ate just about the same things we did. We didn't do any shore excursions. We just enjoyed walking around and shopping. I don't know about your boat, but ours was full of half-naked teenagers who liked to dance and party. Costa Maya must be Spanish for Sodom and Gomorrah. We saw it all there. Literally. We did have a good time though.

We had long lines to get on the boat, but getting off was a breeze.

Darah got land sickness when we got home and had to go get a shot from the doctor. We were sure glad to get home though. We were gone 7 days total.

We had a good time in New Orleans. We went on a Katrina tour. Wow!! I can't believe it has been almost two years and it still looks like the waters just receded last week. I feel sorry for those people.

Well I have got to go get ready for bed. I am teaching the teens starting tomorrow. I have to be on my toes.
 
Sounds like it might be the difference in sailing out of New Orleans and sailing out of Mobile! :-)

Yeah, the Katrina situation is still mind-boggling. Especially there in certain ways.

I would love to see YOUR pictures from your cruise btw!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist