Saturday, July 28, 2007

 
Well, I survived my two-day gig with three jobs at Vacation Bible School. I can now turn over the roles of "Sing & Play Stampede Leader" and "Showtime Roundup Leader" to my youth minister, Trent, and focus on my initial role as "Spotlight Drama Leader."

The Spotlight Drama deal is pretty cool. The prepackaged VBS kit from Group Publishing came with a CD containing five powerpoint shows for me to use. During "Horseplay Games" time each day, I steal a few of the kids and have them pose in a variety of interesting poses while I take pictures (like Brandon's picture above). Then, I go to the computer and insert the pics into a neat little show that everyone sees at the end of the day.

In case you're wondering, yesterday's show was to the praise song, "Praise the Lord," and Brandon's pose came at the line "No matter where you've been."

Kids LOVE getting their picture made, and kids LOVE seeing themselves on the big screen.

Yup, cool job. With a job like this, maybe John Dobbs and I both would be more fond of VBS?!?! Maybe I can reserve this job for every Vacation Bible School?

Comments:
don't get your hopes up!

LOL

Love the pic with Brandon!
 
Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?! LOL!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist