Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 
Hank Aaron and I have a couple of things in common: (1) neither one of us is the all-time home run king, and (2) both of us were sleeping last night when Barry Bonds assumed that honor.

I watched Bonds double in the second inning against the Washington Nationals to begin a Giants rally, then watched him single in the third, too. I went to bed in the fourth inning, and from what I read first thing this morning, Bonds hit the long-awaited #756 in the fifth.

Early in the game, my wife summed up the sentiments of pretty much everyone that follows sports at all when she said, “I wish he’d just hit it and get it over with.”

Well, he finally did. The Bonds Watch is over. You can all now return to your regularly scheduled lives.

Comments:
Huh?

Barry Bonds is the home run king? How long has that been going on?

Snuck right up on me...
 
People in Arkansas are so far behind. You should move to a progressive place. Like Mississippi.
:-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist